MRO Launches Social Work Services
What does a Social Worker do?
Social workers support people to make change in their lives to improve their personal and social well-being. This happens by identifying issues that require change and connecting people with support such as secure housing or family therapy. Social workers have knowledge of human behaviour and devlopment life cycle stages, families and social networks, disability and health, including mental health.
How will social work referrals help our CTP and icare claims
- Identifying psychosocial barriers to assist our team in progressing rehabilitation outcomes
- Separating non related issues (that can be funded through government schemes versus insurance funded) – reducing care costs
- Addressing vital housing, financial and core support issues (i.e. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs) – if these are not addressed, rehab outcomes are likely to be poor
- Helping adjustment post accident through linking our clients and their families to support networks
- A mulitdisciplinary approach can be helpful with complex matters; facilitating team work, reducing case manager burnout and accelerating outcomes
- Specialist knowledge on community programs, services and strategies to address identified concerns
- Linking our clients to COVID-19 financial support resources