Season’s Greetings 2020
What a year 2020 has been! We trust that you and your families have remained safe and well during the horrendous bushfire season, drought and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite great challenges in negotiating home visits and coordinating services for our clients, I can look back on this year with great pride. Our experienced clinicians and proactive admin team have worked extremely hard, and the commitment to ‘making a difference’ has been so evident in our work.
Our remote teams are more connected than ever, and have been provided with regular coaching, support, connection and inservice training.
The standard of intervention across our rehabilitation and medicolegal teams is outstanding, and has resulted in repeat referrals and enquiries.
We have come out of this torrid time a stronger practice, with innovative services, new programs, great IT and remote service delivery.
Some of our HIGHLIGHTS from 2020 include:
- MRO ACTIVATE – our new proactive pain management program for soft tissue injuries based on best practice guidelines and Explain Pain (Butler and Moseley, 2003). MRO Activate consists of five modules ‘ACTIVATING MY RECOVERY’, ‘UNDERSTANDING PAIN’, ‘ACTIVATING WORK’, ‘ACTIVATING MY HOME LIFE’ and ‘THE ROAD TO RECOVERY’
- Launched MRO STEPPING STONES TO WORK – our new interactive program designed by a Rehabilitation Counsellor to assist people who are out of work as a result of injury. The program consists of seven modules ‘BEFORE YOU BEGIN’, ‘DEVELOPING A JOB SEEKING PLAN’, ‘MARKETING OBJECTIVES’, ‘WHERE ARE THE JOBS’, ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’, ‘TALKING ABOUT INJURY / DISABILITY’ and ‘KEEPING THE JOB’
- Launched Social Work Services and Remote Service Delivery
- Implemented a COVID Safe Plan and introduced Telehealth Services to ensure our staff and patients remain safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Launched our Moore Rehab Outcomes Facebook page
- Our team of 25 clinicians statewide have continued to provide support and rehabilitation services, achieving great rehab outcomes and facilitating adjustment post accident
- Additional Zoom inservices, mentoring and support have been provided to our team, encouraging team collaboration and unity
- All MRO clients were requested to complete a Client Satisfaction Survey to ensure that our company is ‘making a difference’ and helping our clients to live their best life, to enhance recovery and adjustment post accident
- We are proud to have most of our Medicolegal Assessors on the SIRA APPROVED MEDICOLEGAL PANEL
- MRO continues to pride themselves on their core values, ‘WE ARE PROACTIVE, WE WORK AS A TEAM, WE HAVE INTEGRITY, WE STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE AND WE SERVE OTHERS’
Please note our teams will be taking a much needed break over Christmas; our admin office will be closed 24 December 2020 to 4 January 2021. Files which require monitoring have been flagged, and we will have some team members back for urgent matters from the 4th January 2021.
We thank you for working with us in 2020, and appreciate the positive feedback and relationships we have built this year.
Have a wonderful break these holidays! May 2021 bring us a fresh and new beginning – with continued opportunities to ‘make a difference’, good health and peace.